What is the AHBA Educational Foundation?
The Ag Health Benefits Alliance Educational Foundation LLC provides scholarships for member employees and their families. The goal of the scholarships is to provide advancement opportunities through education, be it in agriculture or elsewhere.
The scholarships are possible thanks to generous support from AHBA’s Board Member Mike Wolf and the Michael L Wolf Trust.
Who can apply?
Current Ag Health Benefits Alliance group health participants, their legal spouses, children, and grandchildren can apply for the scholarships.
How can the scholarships be used?
The scholarships are for:
- Vocational, technical, or trade school; and
- Undergraduate or graduate school in the field and school of their choice.
They can be used for tuition and school fees, room and board costs, books, and school supplies.
The initial 2020 grants will be three to five awards, in amounts varying from $3,000 to $5,000 each.
How will winners be chosen?
Scholarship winners will be chosen by a Scholarship Committee based on:
- Past educational performance, if applicable;
- Recommendations from the applicant’s instructors or others with knowledge about the applicant’s capabilities;
- Background information about the applicant’s personal, educational, and other experiences;
- The applicant’s motivation, character, ability, and potential; and,
- The applicant’s financial need.
Scholarships will be awarded based on fair, objective, and non-discriminatory methods.
How to apply
1. Fill out the application.
- Download the application (PDF) English: Click Here, Spanish: Click Here.
- Call our office at (707) 963- 7191 and ask us to mail you an application.
- Visit our office at 176 Main Street, Suite C in St. Helena to pick up an application.
2. Write a personal essay of up to 500 words and describe your educational goals.
3. Submit your application before the deadline (noted on the application) via:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail: Ag Health Benefits Alliance
Attention: Scholarship Committee
176 Main Street #C St. Helena, CA 94574
Applications will be reviewed by a Selection Committee. Scholarships will be awarded based on this written application and a possible in-person interview.
- The 2020 Application Period runs from March 1st through March 31st, 2020
- Scholarships will be awarded in May.
Questions? Please call us at (707) 963-7191.